Program "X" doesn't work after successful migration with Zinstall WinWin
Zinstall WinWin was extensively verified against a wide range of applications and OS configurations. There are a few cases where transferred applications will NOT work on the new (target) computer:
- Anti-virus/firewall/Internet security software.
- Applications that are not compatible with the target operating system. For example - old applications that are not compatible with Windows 7 will NOT work after the migration. In order to check if a certain application is compatible with Windows 7, please search for this application on the official Microsoft compatibility resource: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/default.aspx
- Applications that were installed for a specific user on the old (source) computer will only work for that user on the new (target) computer.
- Applications that create virtual devices - such as virtual cd drives, pdf printers, etc. will NOT work correctly when transferred from a 32 bit operating system to a 64 bit operating system as their device drivers are not compatible. In such a case - you need to install a 64 bit version of the application.
- Applications that rely on specific hardware that is not present on the target computer will NOT work. For example - wireless adapter client utilities, graphic card utilities, etc.
If you encounter a problem with a transferred application that doesn't fall into any of the above categories - please contact our support team by providing the following info about the defunct application:
- Full vendor name, application name and application version
- Description of the problem
- Screen shot of error message that the application displays
- Does the application work, when logged in as the user that was transferred from the old computer?
- Which actions did you perform to fix this problem?
ATTENTION: If you intend to contact support in order to fix the problem, please refrain from trying to fix it yourself by uninstall, reinstalling etc. - as it will make the problem worse and might prevent us from being able to fix it.