How to transfer programs and files to Windows 11
Got a new laptop with Windows 11? Or just want to upgrade to the latest and greatest? You will need a way to copy your applications, settings and files to Windows 11.
Windows 11 does not include any built-in “Easy Transfer” functionality.
Luckily, there is still a simple way to transfer programs, settings and files from Windows 10 to Windows 11 (or from Windows 7 to Windows 11).
It’s automatic, too, so you don’t need to be a computer guru to use it.
There are 3 parts that are important to the transfer:
- Files, such documents, pictures, music, pictures and emails
- Settings, such as user profiles, emails, accounts, passwords, favorites, bookmarks, wallpaper and other personalization
- Programs, such as transferring Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Quickbooks, TurboTax, Firefox, Chrome, and other programs to the new computer
How to transfer to a Windows 11 computer
- Run Zinstall WinWin on your old computer.
Note: WinWin is the transfer software. You can get Zinstall WinWin here, and its user guide here.
- Run Zinstall WinWin on the new Windows 11 computer
- You don’t need to do any configurations for the computers to connect – it’s automatic
- If the computers are already connect to same internet router, same Internet connection, or same wireless connection, you don’t need anything else
- If the computers are not connected at all, connect them with a network / Ethernet cable
- If you’d like to select which applications and files you want to transfer, press the Advanced menu. If you just want to transfer everything, you don’t need to go to the Advanced menu.
- Press “Go” on the Windows 11 computer to start the transfer
Ready to transfer your programs and files to your new Windows 11?
Get Zinstall WinWin And Transfer To Windows 11 Today
Video tutorial – how to transfer to a new Windows 11 computer